See our blog posting "Go Solar at Home".
**********[NOTICE: The Solarize Plano Projects are now completed. Information that follows on this page related to these projects is included for background and reference for other groups considering a solarize project. For an overall summary of the completion of the projects, see Solarize Project Summaries.]
2014 Solarize Plano Project - PROJECT COMPLETED
Enrollment Now Closed (as of July 15, 2014)
Enrollment Opened - January 17, 2014 (completed)
(Updated: See City of Plano Press Release)
Decision Point 1 - Decide to enroll to learn more!
Open Enrollment - January 17, 2014 through April 30, 2014 (Phase 1), July 15, 2014 (Phase 2)
- **** Project Completed **** (commitment to learn, NOT buy)
- note - the project will proceed to completion if we have a minimum of 20 enrollees by Feb 21, 2014
- the more people that signup and elect to have PV solar systems installed, the larger the potential group purchase discount
- Complete our online survey which should help you frame your thoughts and understanding of solar energy. It takes about 10-15 minutes to complete, and is available on this webpage - www.planosolar.org/p/survey.html (OPTIONAL)
- Review and perform the homework exercise described here - Homework Assignment
- Review the participants Decision Points descriptions - see Participant Decision Points
- Review the brief list of Frequently Asked Questions - see Solarize Plano Project Frequently Asked Questions
- Make plans to attend one of the Information Sessions (shown below).
Reminder - we need at least 5 enrollees to participate in the selection process as part of a RFP (request for proposal) Team. Please consider being part of the RFP Team.COMPLETED
- If you live in the ONCOR serving area, consider signing up at Smart Energy Texas to get detailed reports of your energy usage - www.smartmetertexas.com
ee "RFP" page on this websiteCOMPLETED
- Check the Project Communications webpage to stay current or catch up on past status updates. See www.solarizeplano.org/p/communications.html
Decision Point 2 - Move forward with proposal
- After doing your homework and participating in information sessions, you determine that you are a good candidate for a PV solar system. You then decide to proceed with a home site assessment and obtain a quote from the project selected company.
- As described in Participant Decision Points, complete the 2014 Decision Point 2 Form Questionnaire to move forward with Decision Point 2 no later than May 7, 2014 (Phase 1), July 23, 2014 (Phase 2)
- You have reviewed the contract provided by the project selected company and you sign the contract to proceed with the installation.
- no later than May 15, 2014 (Phase 1), July 31, 2014 (Phase 2)
- to begin in late June 2014 (Phase 1), early September 2014 (Phase 2)
2013 Solarize Plano Project - COMPLETED
- Pilot Project Announced - May 31, 2103 (completed)
- Held first Information Meeting for enrollees - June 27, 2013 (completed)
- Surpassed pilot project enrollment target of 20 enrollees - July 8, 2013 (completed)
- Issue RFP (Request for Proposal) - July 29, 2013 (completed)
- Participant Enrollment period to close (had been August 31, 2013) - August 5, 2013 (completed)
- RFP responses due - August 7, 2013 (completed)
- Two shortlisted companies selected - August 12, 2013 (completed)
- Shortlisted company interviews - August 14 - August 15, 2013 (completed)
- Solar company selected - August 16, 2013 (completed)
- All contracts completed with individual customers - September 15, 2013 or earlier (completed)
- All installations completed - Jan-Feb 2014