We are very excited to announce a “Phase 2” extension of the 2014 Solarize Plano Project!
The contracting phase of the “Phase 1” project is now completing (May 15, 2014). In the coming weeks, participants that have decided to sign a contract with the selected company will be working with the company to coordinate installation scheduling. The first installations should begin in late June with all installations being completed this summer!
This new “Phase 2” will allow interested persons the opportunity to enroll in the project through July 15, 2014. After enrollment, Phase 2 participants would then complete their “homework”, decide to proceed with Decision Point 2, and then finally Decision Point 3. The last day for Decision Point 3 for this “Phase 2” is currently planned to be the end of July. Participants that decide to sign a contract with the selected company by this date will have their systems installed beginning in September 2014.
The key steps for “Phase 2” participants are:
- Enroll! Go to **** ENROLL HERE ****.
- Note - If you are a Phase 1 participant that did not proceed to Decision Point 2 during Phase 1 but would like to now, you do not need to re-enroll.
- We call this Decision Point 1 (see Participant Decision Points.)
- Last day to enroll in Phase 2 is now July 15, 2014.
- Do your homework - see Homework Assignment
- Watch the online Information Session Meeting to learn about solar PV and the Solarize Plano Project - see Schedules and Presentations.
- If after completing these items you believe you are ready to have a site assessment by the selected solar company, then complete 2014 Decision Point 2 Form Questionnaire. We call this Decision Point 2. Your information provided in this questionnaire will be provided to the selected solar company so that they can schedule a site assessment with you.
- Note - If you are a Phase 1 participant that completed the Decision Point 2 questionnaire after May 7 Phase 1 deadline, then you do not have to complete the form again. Your responses will be provided to the selected company as part of Phase 2 of the project.
- Last day to complete the Phase 2 Decision Point 2 questionnaire is now July 23, 2014.
- Once your site assessment is complete and you have been provided a proposal by the selected solar company, then you are at Decision Point 3.
- It is at this time that you decide whether or not to sign a contract with the selected solar company to install a system and make the long term investment to produce some of your own LOCAL CLEAN electricity for the future!
- Last day to sign a Phase 2 contract is July 31, 2014.