The last day to enroll is coming fast. Only 3 DAYS REMAINING! So tell everyone in Plano that you know that it is great time to learn more about local solar energy and to enroll in the Solarize Plano Project!.
First required first step is to Enroll! Go to **** ENROLL HERE ****.
Then after enrolling, follow the additional 5 steps outlined below.
1. Do a little homework on your annual electricity consumption. See Homework Assignment for a simple exercise to calculate example solar PV system sizes based on your annual electricity consumption.
2. Download this presentation file - 2014 Solarize Plano Information Session presentation (pdf).
The first slide contains some updated timeline information related to the phase 2 extension that is currently open and described in the May 16 blog posting at www.solarizeplano.org
3. Invest about 30-45 minutes watching the project online video Information Session meeting which presents the slide presentation you have downloaded in step 2 above.
- Part 1 - Solarize Plano Intro & Overview (slides 1-15)
- Part 2.1 - Residential Solar 101 (slides 16-22)
- Part 2.2 - Residential Solar 101-continued (slides 23-26)
- Part 3 - Solarize Plano Timeline & Next Steps (slides 27-32)
- Notes for Part 3 - Eight companies responded to the RFP, and the RFP review team made up of project participants has already completed the solar company selection and chose Axium Solar. Also, like many of the companies that provided RFP responses, this company provided flat discounted pricing so that total installed capacity of the project does not affect the total price quoted to project participants.
- Note: additional videos of the meeting Q&A session are available. See the videos referenced as “Part 4” at this link - Schedules and Presentations.
4. If after completing steps 1-3 above, you believe that you are ready for a home site assessment, complete this online form - 2014 Decision Point 2 Form Questionnaire . The last day to complete this form is July 23. However, the sooner we have your DP2 response, the sooner your site assessment can be scheduled and a proposal can be prepared by the selected solar company for your consideration. The available Oncor incentive funds are continuing to be used up, so the sooner you make a decision, the better your chances that Oncor incentive funding will still be available.
5. If your decision is to sign a contract with the solar company, the last day to sign is July 31. Again, as stated in step 4, the available Oncor incentive funds are continuing to be used up, so the sooner you make a decision, the better your chances that Oncor incentive funding will still be available.
**** To review Project Communications, go to the URL below ***** http://www.solarizeplano.org/p/communications.html